Brief work expertise synopsis
I am an Executive-Level Program Manager with years of Information Technology (IT) and business management experience in both the public and private sector with a key emphasis on infrastructure management, data center management, vendor management and program management. I have evolved with leading edge technology since 1993 and love leveraging new technology as an early adopter when it makes sense. My career is highlighted by my accomplishments.
Areas of Expertise include
- Data Center Management: full configuration expertise with five nine availability expertise
- Server Management: IBM, HP, Dell, Sun in a variety of OS configurations Windows, Linux, SUN OS and UNIX
- Open stack cloud service deployment: Successfully deployed open stack (mix OS platform) virtual environment utilizing VMWare, SUN Virtual and Citrix (XEN) combined with blade technology expertise resulting in a greatly reduced environmental foot print and power requirement
- High volume data storage expert: NetApp, EMC and Oracle (SUN)
- Security expert with multiple years managing business continuity planning and fail over technology (mirrored data combined with off site co-deployment strategy)
- External and Internal cloud expertise leveraging rapidly expandable storage solutions, co-location solutions and SaaS technology
- Public company compliance expert with Sarbanes-Oxley documented audit experience
- Software license knowledge base with specific expertise negotiating and implementing global software licenses including automating license usage tracking
- Service Delivery Management designing and implementing 24/7 Help Desks and geographical service delivery teams
- International business expertise managing IT Departments in Asia (Japan/China), Europe (England, Ireland, France, Romania, Belgium) and South America (Brazil, Guadalajara)
- IT procurement expert with extensive experience managing partner relationships (HP, IBM, Sun, Dell, RedHat and Microsoft)
Work History and Accomplishments
Two years Senior IT Management level with Openwave Systems leading the server and data center teams.
- Management of Server and DC teams including the rapid consolidation of three data centers to a single centralized environment for a monthly savings of $240K
- Initiated and managed a highly leveraged virtual computing environment reducing server count from 3500 to 1200 in six months
- Insured 100% security including virus control, spam containment and business continuity (Disaster recovery and rapid fail over)
- Full responsibility for IT risk management, Sarbanes Oxley compliance and IT Business Continuity
- Managed the IT Partnership relationship with HP, IBM, SUN and RedHat
Five years as a Corporate Director IT management member with FLEXTRONICS International.
- IT Corporate Director managing regional employee productivity tool sets
- Directed the IT Desktop Standards team in Althofen, Austria
- Maintained license standards to 100% compliance for 100,000 plus desktop, laptops and work stations
- Successfully passed external software license audits with Microsoft and Autodesk
- Set global hardware and software standards including defining and maintaining hardware purchase and deployment criteria
- Lead IT Executive for the Flextronics – Selectron merger activity
Five years as a Director with Siebel Systems leading the IT Customer Care Department
- Full responsibility for Internal IT Client Services team including IT Sales Support, Regional IT Client support and the 24/7 Help Desk.
- Managed the Siebel IT Partner Relationship (Dell, HP/Compaq) as it related to IT Hardware and Software
- Established and maintained global hardware and software standards including IT global procurement guidelines
Five years leading the Server and Desktop teams with Network Associates/Network General including implementing the full service 24/7 Internal Help Desk.
- Managed IT Operations including the server and internal support teams
- IT Leader for the NetGen/McAfee IT merger team
- IT Integration Strike team Leader for 6 major company acquisitions